Prescott also offers the modern features that you would expect to find in a growing community, such as a variety of shopping and dining establishments, quality housing, award-winning educational institutions and outstanding medical facilities. Still, its western roots are deep, and one only needs to be here each July at rodeo time to see just how deep
Come and see for yourself why Prescott has been recognized over and over by national media as one of the premier places to visit, reside in and establish a business.
PRESCOTT, ARIZONA AT-A-GLANCE
- Founded: 1864
- Location: Yavapai County (county seat), central Arizona, 100 miles northwest of Phoenix
- Insider tip: Pronounce Prescott as “Press-kit” versus “Press-cot”
- Claim to fame: Arizona’s Territorial Capital
- Known as: Everybody’s Hometown, Where History Lives On, The Cowboy Capital of the World, Arizona’s Bed & Breakfast
- City, Arizona’s Mile-High City, Arizona’s Christmas City and repeatedly named in the media as a Best Place to Retire.
- Population: 47,236 (229,640 in Yavapai County as of 2009). Third largest metropolitan area in Arizona (1-Phoenix, 2–
- Tucson, 4-Flagstaff)
- Median age: 48
- Median family income: $48,678
- Median home price: $213,778
- Altitude: 5,354 ft
- City centerpiece: Courthouse Square and Whiskey Row. Find it between streets Gurley, Cortez, Goodwin and Montezuma Signature annual events: World’s Oldest Rodeo and Frontier Days – annually around July 4th; Christmas Parade and Courthouse Lighting – annually the first Saturday of December; Phippen Museum Western Art Show & Sale – annually in May; near nightly and weekly events on Courthouse Square from May through September.Weather: Average spring/summer temperature: 81 F; average fall/winter temperature: 58 F. 277 sunny days per year.
- Lodging: Nearly 50 hotels, motels, bed & breakfasts, inns and vacation rentals
- Things to Do: Outdoor recreation, museums, walking tours, lakes, hiking and walking trails, casinos, bars and nightlife, special events, farmers markets, tours, Sedona, Jerome and Grand Canyon
J Fowler Commercial
505 East Gurley Street
Prescott, AZ 86301